British Soul singer/songwriter Melisa Whiskey hails from North London and first came to the industry’s attention via BBC Introducing where a chance meeting with DJ Semtex led to several of her early demo’s being supported by BBC Radio 1Xtra.
Since then she worked with up and coming producers and signed a publishing deal in late 2014 after being offered deals both sides of the Atlantic. Since signing with BMG, Melia has had songwriting placements both sides of the Atlantic whilst working with world class producers in developing her own unique and soulful sound.
She recently released a track called ‘Played’ and we caught up with Melia and asked her 5 things we might not know about Melisa. Margaret Tra writes.
1. I’m a massive fan of country music! One of my early demos was Patsy Cline if you've got leaving on your mind when I was 16-years-old.
2. I’m a super book worm and I love reading my favourite Author is Maya Angelou.
3. I’m super into writing & began writing poetry when I was in primary school & was lucky enough to have some of early poetry published.
4. I’m the ultimate cookie monster! And I love baking its one of my favourite past-times.
5. I love jogging it’s a massive stress reliever for me & last year I took part in my first ever 5k race for charity.